Saturday, October 10, 2009

Have a wonderful fall break!


Dear readers, thank you to those of you who helped make the reading such a nice experience! Thank you to the speakers as well! We had a great turnout although we ran over by half an hour. We look forward to hearing from you hopefully at the Open Mic Night (Oct. 30th) as well.

If you have any feedback, feel free to let us know. We'd like to do another reading in the spring semester.

In the meantime, we'd like to know what you are reading this fall break and possibly beyond. Just leave a comment below.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Here is a list of what I'm reading right now:

Absalom, Absalom! - by Faulkner
Pamela - by Samual Richardson
The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy - by Laurence Sterne

miya said...

Hi Jen-
Are those books all for class?
If not, how are you finding time to read "choice books" during the semester? I feel like I'm drowning in reading and I have no time for fun books during the school year.
-Miya, Editor-at-Large

Stephanie said...

I'm reading Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. And, Miya, don't worry, you're not alone: I've been in the middle of this book since last year.

Jen said...

Yes, I have to read them for my classes. I actually read parts of Absalom, Absalom! on my own last year but didn't have the time to finish it.

So yeah I get your point about not having enough time. The only non- class required book I've read this semester is a collection of short stories by ZZ Packer, which I also started last year but never got around to finishing until now.

I usually read some fiction right before I go to sleep to help me relax. I also like to read a story or a section right after dinner because that's when I find it hard to concentrate on anything else.

So try to squeeze in some time for reading during those hours, maybe it'll work for you guys.